TERMS OF SERVICE
- All basic commissions include at least two thumbnails and one round of revisions prior to coloring & rendering. Any revisions past the rendering phase that require redrawing will incur an additional fee.
- Additional Pricing:
- Additional characters: 60% of respective base price
- Full BG: 20%~100% of character price depending on complexity
- Rush order fee: up to 50% of base price
PAYMENT & REFUND POLICY
- Payment will be accepted in USD ONLY through PayPal or Stripe.
- Payment is due before any work can begin. An invoice will be sent after commission details are confirmed, and work on the commission will not proceed until payment has been received. Failure to pay the invoice within 48 hours of approving the commission details will cancel the commission.
- Larger commissions payments ($300+) can be split into multiple installments upon request. The commissioned piece will not be delivered until the payments have been completed.
- If the client wishes to cancel the commission after completing the invoice, the artist may refund up to 70% of the final price depending on progress. Completed commissions are not eligible for refunds.
- The client will be fully refunded if:
- the artist has not completed the commission within two weeks AFTER the due date without prior communication
- the artist cannot complete the commission
PROCESS & DELIVERY
- I, the artist, reserve the rights to decline any commission inquiries. Commissions will be open on a selective basis and will only be accepted within my availability and interest.
- Basic commissions will take 2~4 weeks to complete after the invoice has been processed. The artist will provide a rough timeline upon accepting the commission. Any hard deadlines must be specified by the client.
- Rush orders (< 2 weeks) and priority orders (skipping the waitlist), are subject to an additional fee of up to 50%.
- All communications will be done through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for record-keeping purposes.
- The client is expected to provide all necessary references to complete the commission. This includes both images (reference sheet, pinterest board, sketches, etc.) and text descriptions. Only completed character designs will be accepted as reference.
- The client is expected to provide details about what the commissioned artwork will be used for (e.g. twitter header, starting soon illustration on Twitch, etc.).
- I, the artist, will share all sketches, revisions, and final files via Google Drive. It is the client’s responsibility to save the commission within a week of receiving the final commission files (PNG unless specified otherwise). I do not keep files permanently, so any files not saved within 2 weeks won’t be refunded if lost.
COPYRIGHT & USAGE POLICY
- I, the artist, retain full and exclusive rights to the original artwork. Therefore, I reserve full rights to:
- Post or display it online (website, social media, etc.)
- Promote myself with it (portfolio, commission sample, etc.)
- The artist reserves the right to share the commission process online in the form of previews or streaming. Prior notice is required to keep commissions private.
- All commissions by default are for personal use with the exception of character designs. For non-commercial use commissions, the client is allowed to:
- Post the commissioned artwork on non-monetized social media (e.g. Twitter) with credit given to the artist in the form of a tag or link.
- Print the commissioned artwork for personal use.
- Character design commissions include commercial rights to the design. I, the artist, will not use nor resell the final design without the client's approval.
- Commercial usage commissions will incur an additional fee depending on the specific usage. This must be discussed and approved before any work on the commission can begin. For commercial use commissions, the client is allowed to:
- Use the commissioned artwork as a video or streaming asset with credit, including but not limited to: character model, thumbnail art, starting soon/be back soon/ending soon screen, stream schedule, alerts, banners, and emotes.
- Use the commissioned artwork for profit with credit, including but not limited to: physical and digital merchandise, commercial advertisement, sponsored content, etc.
- The client is not permitted to use any part of the commissioned artwork in any AI or blockchain-related technology, including but not limited to training AIs, NFTs, and cryptocurrency.
Upfront advance and/or royalties
Personal: Usage of commissioned artwork for non-monetized purposes
Asset: Usage of commissioned artwork as a video or streaming asset, including: character model, thumbnail art, starting soon/be back soon/ending soon screen, stream schedule, alerts, banners, emotes. This charge includes fees for cutting the illustration for animation.
Merchandise: Usage of commissioned artwork as digital or physical goods including: stickers, keychains, pins, postcards, prints, posters, standees, shirts, etc. This will vary depending on the project so please talk to me first!
Failure to abide by the TOS may result in blacklisting from future commissions.